Get help with mental health services, jobs and housing resources, or legal support. Walk in or schedule an appointment in complete privacy.
Thursdays, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
What can a community liaison help with?
- Counseling resources and services
- Employment and unemployment resources
- Understanding and navigating state insurance options
- Energy and housing assistance resources
- Guidance for those in need of a shelter (please note that she can’t book someone a shelter)
- Information on area services available
When leaving a message, please be as specific as possible so Tara can research the answer before calling or emailing you back.
Thanks to a grant from the Community Foundation of Greater New Britain and the support of HHC, Tara will alternate her time between the New Britain and Plainville Libraries, us and Hartford HealthCare.
Hours have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please contact Tara for more information.
In the News
November 3, 2019
As a collaborative effort across several local libraries, a social worker is available to offer free services one day a week. For New Britain Public Library, that service is every Wednesday, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. this Wednesday, then moving to 1 to 5 p.m. starting Nov. 13.
September 12, 2018
Four local libraries are seeking funding to hire a part-time social worker to help them provide mental health services to patrons who rely on the library as a shelter.