Berlin-Peck Memorial Library policies. Please contact the library with any questions.
Library Use Policy
Library Board policy as of February 20, 2020.
The Berlin-Peck Memorial Library provides access to all through its collections, programs, facilities and resources. We strive to serve our patrons effectively by providing a welcoming and safe environment. We ask that visitors help us to maintain an atmosphere that is conducive to learning and community engagement by following our Library Use Guidelines.
While using the library, please do not:
- Leave a vulnerable adult or a child under the age of 12 unattended.
- Use the designated children’s area, attend a program for children, or use a designated children’s computer without being accompanied by a child or a need for the children’s collection.
- Solicit, panhandle or loiter.
- Take photographs or videos of library users without their permission.
- Sleep, eat or drink (except for covered beverages).
- Enter the library if you have neglected your bodily hygiene.
- Enter the library without shoes or appropriate attire.
- Distribute leaflets or post notices without permission from Berlin Peck Memorial Library management.
- Bring in animals other than service animals.
- Enter non-public or staff-only areas.
- Park vehicles on library premises for purposes other than library use.
- Use bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards or similar items inappropriately on library property.
- Bathe, shave or wash clothes.
- Block aisles, shelves or any thoroughfare with personal items, or leave items unattended at any time.
- Use another person’s library card number without that person’s permission.
The following are illegal and are not permissible in the library:
- Bringing weapons of any kind into the library.
- Harassing library users or staff (physical, sexual, verbal or stalking).
- Selling, soliciting or using illegal drugs on library premises.
- Smoking, including the use of electronic and smoke-free cigarettes, inside or within 50 feet of library entrance.
- Vandalizing library facilities, equipment or materials.
- Removing library materials from the building without checking them out.
- Engaging in sexual conduct or lewd behavior.
- Viewing child pornography.
We ask patrons to follow all Berlin-Peck Memorial Library policies and guidelines, or abide by any reasonable request from staff or security to refrain from disorderly or disruptive behavior. Violations of policies or guidelines may result in removal from the facility and/or suspension of library privileges. Illegal activity may result in expulsion from all library facilities, suspension of library privileges, and whereby federal, state or local laws apply, may result in arrest.