Adult Summer Reading
Wednesday, June 15 – Thursday, September 1
Each book you read earns you one raffle ticket!
June 15, 2022
Events > Adult Summer Reading
Wednesday, June 15
to Thursday, September 1
Summer reading booklets are available at the Reference Desk. Booklets include rules, raffle baskets, summer events, challenges, and an optional reading log.
Read & Raffle
Record your reading for a chance to win some great raffle prizes! Raffles will be held weekly. Each book you read earns you 1 virtual raffle ticket to one of nine fantastic raffle baskets! Plus, complete challenges to earn small prizes like books, pens, and bookmarks.
To participate online, visit berlinpeck.org/summer.
Challenge yourself to read more this year! Our online leaderboard shows you how many books you and your fellow Summer Reader have read, plus a list of recently read books from your fellow Summer Readers.
Summer Reading Newsletter
Subscribe to stay up-to-date with summer reading! You’ll receive an email once a week with updates on upcoming prizes, raffle winners, spotlights, and book recommendations. Plus, we’ll let you know when summer reading starts next year.
Rules & Info
To participate online, visit berlinpeck.org/summer.
- Enter your books online at berlinpeck.org.
- Each book you read earns you 1 virtual raffle ticket.
- Choose your virtual raffle basket when you enter your book online.
- Choose carefully! After submitting a book, you cannot move your virtual raffle ticket to a new basket.
- Complete the challenges on the last page of this booklet to earn small prizes.
- Small prizes can be picked up at the Reference Desk.
Ice Cream Prize
- The first 50 people who visit the Library after signing up for Adult Summer Reading will receive a coupon for FREE Pralines Ice Cream.
- Please sign up before visiting the Reference Desk. If you haven’t signed up, a librarian can get you set up on a public computer to sign up.
- First come, first served. We have a limited number of coupons; once they’re gone, they’re gone.
- Limit one per participant.
- Please only include books that you started reading on or after June 15.
- We have summer reading programs for all ages! If you are reading with a child, please count that book towards the child’s summer reading program.
- YES, these count: ebooks, audiobooks, graphic novels
- No, these do not count: magazines, movies
Can I participate without a computer/phone?
- Yes! Paper slips will be available at the Reference Desk.
- Fill out a paper entry slip, give it to a librarian, and we will add your book for you.
- Your books will be visible on the Summer Reading website, but you will not need to use the website yourself.
Can I participate without entering the library?
- Yes! The raffles are entirely online.
- The Library will not mail prizes, but we will arrange for curbside pickup.
- If you need to participate without a computer/phone and without entering the library, or for any other accommodations, please call 860-828-7126.
Visit the Reference Desk with this booklet to receive a small prize of your choice for each challenge your complete!
- Borrow an ebook on OverDrive
- Borrow an ebook on Hoopla
- Borrow an audiobook on OverDrive
- Borrow an audiobook on Hoopla
- Take an art class with Creativebug
- Start a language course with Mango
- Plant seeds from our seed library
- Attend a Library program
- Borrow a museum pass
- Digitize a photo or video
- Check out a lawn game
- Borrow a cake pan
- Borrow a board game
- Read a graphic novel
- Email us a #BookFace selfie
- Tag the Library on Facebook or Instagram
- Watch a video on BBC Literary Adaptations
- Refer a friend to get their Library card
- Get a custom book list from MyLibrarian
- Read a book from the Staff Picks shelf
Plus, earn a small prize for every 2 books you read.
Earn 1 raffle entry for every book you read.
Fun and Games
Thursday, July 7
Enjoy some indoor fun with puzzles and tabletop games. Includes Monopoly, puzzle, puzzle roll, $25 gift card to Tabletop Gaming Center, Spontuneous game, Pass the Pigs game, and a Berlin-Peck Memorial Library tote bag. $115 value.
Thursday, July 14
Great supplies to keep on hand or in your car for an emergency. Includes blanket, first aid kit, emergency blanket, flashlight, poncho, can opener, and a Berlin-Peck Memorial Library tote bag. $45 value.
Thursday, July 21
Get crafty with fiber arts and scrapbook supplies! Includes two skeins of yarn, scissors, cross stitch kit, knitting kit, two scrapbooks, decorative scrapbook paper, scrapbooking 101 instructions, crochet magazine, $25 gift card to Good Cause Gifts, ‘2 At a Time Socks’ by Melissa Morgan-Oakes, ‘Stitch Library’ by Claire Crompton, ‘Refined Knits’ by Jennifer Wood, and a Berlin-Peck Memorial Library tote bag. $180 value.
Take a Break
Thursday, July 28
Lunch is on us. Includes pot holders, paper plates, napkins, lemonade mix, cheddar parm crackers, $25 gift card to Box Bistro, and a Berlin-Peck Memorial Library tote bag. $65 value.
Thursday, August 4
Cozy up with a mug of tea and a good book! Includes a shawl, chocolate, tea, mug, Dr. Teal’s Stress Relief Body Scrub, $25 gift card to Dragonfly Home and Gift, ‘A Short Guide to a Happy Life’ by Anna Quindlen, ‘Every Moment Matters’ by John St. Augustine, and a Berlin-Peck Memorial Library tote bag. $115 value.
Thursday, August 11
Love bling? This basket is for you! Includes custom jewelry hanger, earring hanger, $25 gift card to Dynasty Jewelers, and a Berlin-Peck Memorial Library tote bag. $75 value.
Thursday, August 18
Living the beach life! Includes whale wall hanging, beach towel, flip flop decoration, $25 gift card to Lou and Mo’s Sandwich Shop, Yankee Magazine, ‘Same Beach, Next Year’ by Dorothea Benton Frank, ‘Sycamore Row’ by John Grisham, and a Berlin-Peck Memorial Library tote bag. $185 value.
Thursday, August 25
Up your gardening game! Includes garden kneeler, trowel, gloves, pruning shears, $25 gift card to The Pho Bar, ‘New Garden’ by Better Homes and Gardens, ‘Ground Rules’ by Kate Frey, and a Berlin-Peck Memorial Library tote bag. $95 value.
Thursday, September 1
For pizza lovers! Includes Penzey’s frozen pizza seasoning, Penzey’s roasted garlic powder, pizza cutter, pizza pan, pasta sauce, $25 gift card to The Ave Restaurant, ‘Welcome to My Kitchen’ by Tom Valenti, and a Berlin-Peck Memorial Library tote bag. $80 value.