Berlin-Peck librarians curate these lists with you in mind! These websites are free to use, but some may include advertisements or paid options.
|Library Service||Status (2020)|
|AARP Tax-Aide Appointments||AVAILABLE|
|State Tax Forms||AVAILABLE|
|Federal Tax Forms||Not yet available.
No arrival date available.
Tax-Aide at the Library
Every year, volunteers from the AARP come to the library to do your taxes for free. AARP Tax-Aide provides free tax prep for low & middle-income taxpayers, with special attention to seniors. Appointments run from early February through the end of tax season, typically April 15. We begin scheduling appointments in mid-January.
|Berlin-Peck Memorial Library
By appointment only
|Berlin Senior Center
By appointment only
Tuesdays at 1:00 pm, 2:00 pm, 3:00 pm
Berlin Senior Center
Thursdays at 9:00 am, 10:00 am, 11:00 am, 1:00 pm, 2:00 pm
Taxes are completed in one session, so taxpayers must bring all documentation necessary to complete their return:
- If married, both spouses must be present with photo identification.
- Complete copy of last year’s 2018 tax return. Regardless of where it was prepared.
- Social Security or Individual Taxpayer ID numbers for all household members
- A personal check showing bank account and routing numbers (if direct deposit/withdrawal is requested).
- All documents that relate to deductible expenses.
- All 2019 income tax forms that have been received. This includes but may not be limited to:
- SSA-1099 Social Security Benefit Statement
- 1099-R forms for pension, IRA and annuity
- 1099 forms (1099-INT,1099 DIV,1099-B,1099-MISC)
- W-2 Wage and Tax Statement forms
- W-2G Certain Gambling Winner forms
- Documentation showing original cost of assets sold during 2019
- Health Insurance is no longer required, but anyone who purchased Health Insurance through the Health Exchange must bring in form 1095-A.
Find Help with Tax Prep
Free File: Do Your Federal Taxes for Free from the IRS
Prepare and file your federal individual income tax return for free using tax-preparation-and-filing software.
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Locator
AARP Tax-Aide locations open annually from late January to April 15.
IRS Free Tax Prep Help Locator
The IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and the Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programs offer free tax help for taxpayers who qualify.
Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
Find state tax forms and instructions, file taxes, and look up refunds, credits, and deductions.
Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
Find federal tax forms and instructions, file taxes, and look up refunds, credits, and deductions.
State Tax Forms
Individual Income Tax Forms from the Connecticut DRS
Find tax forms, instructions, schedules, and more, directly from the Connecticut DRS.
Federal Tax Forms
Forms, Instructions & Publications from the IRS
Find tax forms, instructions, schedules, and more, directly from the IRS. Includes this year and prior year.
Forms and Publications by U.S. Mail
Order tax forms by mail.
Estimated Tax for Individuals
Form 1040-ES is used by persons with income not subject to tax withholding to figure and pay estimated tax.
Application for IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number.
Get or renew an individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN) for federal tax purposes if you are not eligible for a social