Notaries witness document signing or signing a sworn statement on a document. They verify, by their signature and seal, that you are who you say you are.
The fee is $5 per signature (the same as Town Hall).
Notary Services are generally available during the regular 9:00 am–5:00 pm working day, on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, as well as some Saturdays.
Please call ahead to confirm someone will be available: 860-828-7126.
- For Notary Services to be performed, you must provide two forms of identification; a picture ID as well as another current form of identification containing your signature. Acceptable forms of ID include:
- A current passport from any country, in a language the Notary can read (English only)
- A valid driver’s license
- A valid state ID
- A signed library or credit card
- Birth certificates and Social Security cards are not acceptable ID
- The person requiring Notary Services must be sure the document is completely filled out, leaving no blanks except where the signature is required.
- The library will only notarize documents written in English.
- The Notary must be able to communicate in English directly with the signer.
- If witnesses are required, please bring them with you.
- Notaries cannot certify copies of vital records such as birth, marriage and death certificates. Note that certified copies of these can be obtained from the issuing authority.
- Notaries cannot assess the mental state of the signatory.
- Notary Services are not available for wills or I-9 forms.
- Notaries cannot dispense legal advice.
- Notaries can refuse service at their discretion.