Want to help your community, but don’t know how? Volunteer @ the Library!
Volunteering at the library is a great way to get experience that looks good on a college application or resume! If your school or club requires community service hours, volunteering at the Library could help you meet your goals. It’s also a great way to help your community, meet people, and have input into our Teen collections and programs! We are accepting applications for Fall 2022 (see below). If you’ve submitted an application during the past year, you do not have to resubmit.
What do volunteers do at the Library?
- Volunteer responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Staffing the Summer Reading Table: Managing Sign-ups and Organizing Materials.
- Distributing Summer Reading Prizes
- Setting up and Cleaning Up after Library Programs
- Assisting with Children’s Programming
- Creating and Replenishing Book Displays
- Creating Posters and Flyers
- Cutting Scrap Paper
- Cleaning Books & Toys
- Straightening and Dusting Shelves
- Shelf-Reading Library Materials
What you need to know
- To volunteer, you must be in or entering grades 6-12.
- You need to be dependable and show up for your shifts. Make sure you have a ride worked out!
- Ask your parent or guardian for permission.
We are accepting applications for Fall 2022. Please read our Teen Volunteer Policy and fill out and submit an Online Application Form. Once your application has been received you will be notified when volunteer opportunities are available. Thank you!