Want to help your community, but don’t know how? Volunteer @ the Library!
Volunteering at the library is a great way to get experience that looks good on a college application or resume! If your school or club requires community service hours, volunteering at the Library could help you meet your goals. It’s also a great way to help your community, meet people, and have input into our Teen collections and programs! We are currently accepting applications for the Fall. To apply, click here: https://forms.gle/m433u9FbFqtAeAK98
What do volunteers do at the Library?
- Volunteer responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Setting up and Cleaning Up after Library Programs
- Assisting with Children’s Programming
- Creating and Replenishing Book Displays
- Creating Posters and Flyers
- Cleaning Books & Toys
- Straightening and Dusting Shelves
- Shelf-Reading Library Materials
- Staffing the Summer Reading Table: Managing Sign-Ups and Organizing Materials.
- Distributing Summer Reading Prizes
What you need to know
- To volunteer, you must be in or entering grades 7-12.
- You need to be dependable and show up for your shifts. Make sure you have a ride worked out!
- Ask your parent or guardian for permission.
Please read our Teen Volunteer Policy. Once we open up applications for the school year, you can fill one out here. Thank you!