Volunteer delivery services for Berlin residents who are homebound, temporarily or permanently, because of illness, disability or advanced age.
Available As Usual
Homebound delivery is AVAILABLE for patrons who cannot make it to the library due to due to illness (with the exception of COVID-19), disability or advanced age.
If you are able to visit the library, but do not want to enter the building, please use curbside pickup.
How It Works
❶ Sign up.
Call the library’s reference desk at 860-828-7126 or fill out the form below.
❷ Choose your books.
A librarian will help you select books or other materials.
❸ Schedule your pickup.
A volunteer will call you to arrange a convenient time for delivery and/or pickup.
Interested in volunteering? Please contact the library at 860-828-7126.
Am I eligible?
- You must be a resident of Berlin, East Berlin, or Kensington
- You must have a current Berlin-Peck library card (we’re happy to mail you an application and deliver your card!)
- You are temporarily or permanently homebound or disabled
- There is no age limit/requirement
What can I borrow?
- Any regular library item, including books, music, magazines, audiobooks, DVDs, and large print books
- You will have a regular loan time (3 weeks for most books, 1 week for most DVDs)
- You may renew items online or by calling 860-828-7126, as long as no one else is waiting for the item
Request Homebound Delivery Online
Enter your information below, and a librarian will contact you to set up homebound delivery.