Volunteer delivery services for Berlin residents who are homebound, temporarily or permanently, because of illness, disability or advanced age.
How It Works
❶ Sign up.
Call the library’s reference desk at 860-828-7126 or fill out the form below.
❷ Choose your books.
A librarian will help you select books or other materials.
❸ Schedule your pickup.
A volunteer will call you to arrange a convenient time for delivery and/or pickup.
Interested in volunteering? Please contact the library at 860-828-7126.
Am I eligible?
- You must be a resident of Berlin, East Berlin, or Kensington
- You must have a current Berlin-Peck library card (we’re happy to mail you an application and deliver your card!)
- You are temporarily or permanently homebound or disabled
- There is no age limit/requirement
What can I borrow?
- Any regular library item, including books, music, magazines, audiobooks, DVDs, and large print books
- You will have a regular loan time (3 weeks for most books, 1 week for most DVDs)
- You may renew items online or by calling 860-828-7126, as long as no one else is waiting for the item
Request Homebound Delivery Online
Enter your information below, and a librarian will contact you to set up homebound delivery.