Spice It Up! Anise
Wednesday, December 14
Anise is one of the oldest known spice plants. It smells and tastes like star anise, fennel, licorice, and tarragon.
December 14, 2022
Events > Spice It Up! Anise
Kit includes a sample of a new spice as well as information sheets and a few recipes to try.
About the Herb/Spice
Anise is one of the oldest known spice plants. It smells and tastes like star anise—not actually the same plant!—fennel, licorice, and tarragon. It is used to flavor food, candy, and alcoholic drinks, especially around the Mediterranean.
Place Your Hold
Supplies are limited. Placing a hold on a spice kit does not guarantee that you will receive one.
Once all of the kits are reserved, there will be a waiting list. If a kit is not picked up after 5 days, it will go to the next person on the list.
- Click Register Now to see available spice kits.
- Previous kits may still be available!
- Click Request It next to the kit you want.
- Sign in with your library card number and PIN.
- If you haven’t set a PIN, leave PIN field blank, and it will ask you to set a new PIN.
- If you can’t remember your PIN, contact the library at 860-828-7126.
- Make sure “I would like to pick up this title from” says Berlin-Peck Memorial Library.
- We do not send spice kits out via inter-library loan.
- Click Submit.
To have a Librarian place your hold, call 860-828-7126.