Jasmine Guillory Read-Alikes
If you’re a fan of Jasmine Guillory, try these authors and novels!
July 13, 2023
Jasmine Guillory writes modern romantic comedies featuring smart, capable heroines who excel in their careers and lead full lives surrounded by supportive friends and families.
When a romantic partner enters the picture, the protagonists view the relationship as a life enhancement rather than a requirement, and the resulting relationship stars a pair who are on equal footing intellectually and emotionally. Guillory doesn’t shy away from examining the relatable issues her multicultural couples face but never sacrifices sexiness or humor.
Looking for something similar to Jasmine Guillory? Here are nine authors suggested by NoveList, our favorite book recommendation database.
- Alyssa Cole: Both Jasmine Guillory and Alyssa Cole write fresh, feminist romance starring likeable characters and offering plenty of steam.—Autumn Winters, NoveList
- Julie James: Jasmine Guillory and Julie James write steamy contemporary romances starring fully developed characters and featuring well-crafted dialogue. Their heroines are smart, successful women who excel in their professional lives and refuse to sacrifice their standards in their romantic lives. Plausible impediments and authentic emotions drive the conflict between the central couple.—Halle Carlson, NoveList
- Sally Thorne: Sally Thorne and Jasmine Guillory write modern romantic comedies featuring smart, relatable heroines and swoon-worthy heroes. Lively banter, humorous situations, and authentic emotional obstacles are all on offer as their likeable protagonists navigate the rocky path to happily ever after.—Halle Carlson, NoveList
- Emily Henry: Readers looking for heartwarming yet steamy romance starring characters who behave authentically will find it in the work of both Jasmine Guillory and her professed fan, Emily Henry.—Autumn Winters, NoveList
- Helen Hoang: Jasmine Guillory and Helen Hoang write charming multicultural romances populated by astute characters figuring out life and love. A cast of supportive secondary characters adds humor as the leads find their way to each other and their happy ending. Hoang’s stories tend to be more explicit than Guillory’s steamy novels.—Halle Carlson, NoveList
- Alexa Martin: Jasmine Guillory and Alexa Martin craft contemporary, inclusive romances about smart, capable heroines and the men who woo them. While both inject plenty of humor and sexiness in their stories, they also explore how real-life issues like interracial dating, career aspirations, and chronic traumatic encephalopathy in football players impact the relationship.—Halle Carlson, NoveList
- Talia Hibbert: Jasmine Guillory and Talia Hibbert’s contemporary own voices romances have a thoroughly modern feel. Their novels star heroines who are passionate, intelligent, and committed to their loved ones and heroes who appreciate independent women. Both offer novels full of humor and sexy encounters and don’t shy away from difficult topics.—Halle Carlson, NoveList
- Andie J. Christopher: These authors’ works have the subjects “interracial romance,” “dating,” and “one-night stands (interpersonal relations)”; and have characters that are likeable.—, NoveList
- Sean D. Young: These authors’ works are heartwarming and own voices, and they have the genres “contemporary romances” and “african american fiction”; the subjects “american people,” “north american people,” and “african american women”; and have characters that are black. —, NoveList
The American Roommate Experiment
Rosie Graham has a problem. A few, actually. She just quit her well paid job to focus on her secret career as a romance writer. She hasn’t told her family and now has terrible writer’s block. Then, the ceiling of her New York apartment literally crumbles on her. Luckily she has her best friend Lina’s spare key while she’s out of town. But Rosie doesn’t know that Lina has already lent her apartment to her cousin Lucas, who Rosie has been stalking—for lack of a better word—on Instagram for the last few months. Lucas seems intent on coming to her rescue like a Spanish knight in shining armor. Only this one strolls around the place in a towel, has a distracting grin, and an irresistible accent. Oh, and he cooks.
Returning home to his family’s California winery, Professor Julian Vos, on sabbatical from his Ivy League job, finds himself distracted from his plans to write a novel by eccentric, chronically late, unbelievably beautiful gardener Hallie Welch, who is aburst of color in his gray-scale life.
Getting His Game Back
Gia de Cadenet
Feeling like his old self after a rough patch of depression and therapy, barbershop owner Khalil Sarda meets customer Vanessa Noble who thought she was too busy building a multimillion-dollar tech company to be distracted by a relationship.
Co-stars Maria and Peter, who once had an incredible one-night stand, find themselves unwillingly reunited to film a series on an isolated Irish island and spend six years balancing professional needs with their distrust for each other, but on their lastnight of filming, their pent-up desire explodes into renewed passion.
The Marriage Game
Set up by traditional-minded parents who would arrange her marriage, a first-generation Indian-American immigrant is chaperoned on dates by a successful family friend who has reservations about how his sister’s arranged marriage turned out.
The Singles Table
Thrown together for the entire wedding season after a crazy encounter, former military security specialist Jay Dayai and celebrity-obsessed lawyer Zara Patel make a deal that benefits them both until it brings them together in ways they never expected.
Incense And Sensibility
Yash Raje, California’s first Indian-American gubernatorial candidate, has always known exactly what he wants—and how to use his privileged background to get it. He attributes his success to a simple mantra: control your feelings and you can control the world. But when a hate crime at a rally critically injures his friend, Yash’s easy life suddenly feels like a lie, his control an illusion. When he tries to get back on the campaign trail, he blacks out with panic.
Desperate to keep Yash’s condition from leaking to the media, his family turns to the one person they trust—his sister’s best friend, India Dashwood, California’s foremost stress management coach. Raised by a family of yoga teachers, India has helped San Francisco’s high strung overachievers for a decade without so much as altering her breath. But this man—with his boundless ambition, simmering intensity, and absolute faith in his political beliefs—is like no other.
Yash has spent a lifetime repressing everything to succeed, including their one magical night ten years ago—a too brief, too bright passion that if rekindled threatens to destroy the dream he’s willingly shouldered for his family and community . . . until now.
The Love Con
Joining the reality show competition Cosplay of No Way, gamer Kenya Davenport, required to have a significant other, and asks her best friend to roleplay as a couple in love, but when real feelings get involved, it could cost her the best friend she’s ever had.
The Royals Next Door
When elementary school teacher Piper Evans, who leads a quiet, reclusive life, finds herself in the middle of a royal scandal that rocks her tight-knit community, she must decide what she is willing to give up to have her own happily ever after.
Despite breaking up months earlier, a picture-perfect couple still haven’t told their friends about the split and attempt to pretend they are still together at an annual Maine getaway, in the new novel from the best-selling author of Book Lovers.
Agreeing to a holiday escape to the country, literary agent Nora keeps running into a bookish, hardheaded, arrogant editor she knows from Manhattan, and wishes she didn’t, even as she discovers they have more in common than previously thought.
The Bride Test
When his difficulties with processing emotions complicate the search for his bride, a Vietnamese-American on the autism spectrum is pursued by a hopelessly smitten girl from the Ho Chi Min City slums.
One And Only
To avoid her bridezilla best friend, bridesmaid Jane Denning agrees to babysit the groom’s troublemaker brother before the wedding, which is no easy task since he is a sarcastic former soldier who is 100% hot and 100% off-limits.
Ties That Tether
Unexpectedly falling in love with a white man after her mother’s latest disastrous matchmaking effort, a young Nigerian woman struggles to follow her heart without breaking her mother’s or compromising her own identity.
Part Of Your World
ER doctor Alexis Montgomery’s world is turned upside down by a ridiculously hot carpenter who’s 10 years younger, and as their short-term flings turns into a relationship, she must choose between her ultra-wealthy parents and true love.
A Holly Jolly Diwali
A very practical, straightlaced twenty-eight-year-old, Niki Randhawa, attends a friend’s wedding in India where she arrives in time to celebrate Diwali and meets a free-spirited London musician who helps her get in touch with her passionate and creative side.
When her twin sister and new brother-in-law get food poisoning at their wedding, maid of honor Olive, accompanied by her nemesis, the best man Ethan, assumes the role of a newlywed on a Hawaii honeymoon before unexpectedly falling for her companion.
My Favorite Half-Night Stand
When a university event turns into a black tie gala, Millie and her four best guy friends make a pact to join an online dating service, but while the guys are getting potential dates, Millie’s profile attracts less than desirable matches.
The Wrong Mr Darcy
Evelyn Lozada with Holly L�rincz
Hara Isari has big ambitions and they won’t be sidetracked by her mother’s insisting that she settle down soon. She dreams of leaving her small-town newspaper behind, as well as her felon father, and building a career as a sports writer, so when she is chosen to exclusively interview a basketball superstar, she jumps at the chance. It’s time to show the bigwigs what she’s truly made of.
The Boy Toy
Returning home to Australia after nearly a decade of estrangement from the Indian mother who arranged her marriage to a faithless man, an L.A. businesswoman coaches an attractive stuntman who remembers her from a steamy one-night stand.
If I Never Met You
Humiliated when her long-time boyfriend breaks up with her amid rumors of an illicit pregnancy, Laurie agrees to pretend she is seriously dating the office playboy, who needs a steady girlfriend to protect his professional integrity.
Loathe At First Sight
Melody Joo is thrilled to land her dream job as a video game producer, but her new position comes with challenges: an insufferable CEO; sexist male coworkers; and an infuriating–yet distractingly handsome–intern, Nolan MacKenzie, aka “the guy who got hired because his uncle is the boss.” Just when Melody thinks she’s made the worst career move of her life, her luck changes. While joking with a friend, she creates a mobile game that has male strippers fighting for survival in a post-apocalyptic world. Suddenly Melody’s “joke” is her studio’s most high-profile project–and Melody’s running the show. When Nolan is assigned to Melody’s team, she’s sure he’ll be useless. But as they grow closer, she realizes he’s smart and sexy, which makes Melody want to forget he’s her intern. As their attraction deepens, she knows it’s time to pump the brakes, even with her Korean parents breathing down her neck to hurry up and find a man. With her project about to launch, Melody suddenly faces a slew of complications, including a devastating trolling scandal. Could the man she’s falling hard for help her play the game to win–in work and in love?
Call Me Irresistible
Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Ostracized for her role in halting best friend Lucy’s wedding, Meg finds herself stranded without family support in a hostile Texas town where she unexpectedly falls for Ted Beaudine.
The Right Swipe
Cynical dating app creator Rhiannon Hunter must decide whether or not to give former pro-football player Samson Lima, who wooed her during one magical night and then disappeared, a second chance despite the fact that his in league with a business rival.
Business Or Pleasure
Rachel Lynn Solomon
Snubbed at a book signing for the novel she actually wrote, a ‘ghostwriter’ connects with a charming attendee for an awkward hookup that she would prefer to forget, but can’t when he turns out to be her next client.
The Worst Best Man
The top wedding coordinator in Washington, D.C., Carolina Santos is offered an opportunity of a lifetime, but there is just one hitch—she has to collaborate with the best man from her own failed nuptials—and decides to dish out a little payback of her own until the unexpected happens.
The Hating Game
Lucy Hutton and Joshua Templeman are competitive rivals at a publishing company and profess to hate each other, but when the tension reaches the boiling point, they both wonder if the competition is just a game and that maybe they don’t hate each other after all.
Fake It Till You Bake It
After a polarizing stint on a reality tv dating show, a woman takes a job at a San Diego cupcake bakery whose uptight owner and professional football player decides to take advantage of their rumored affair.