Berlin-Peck Memorial Library policies. Please contact the library with any questions.
Bill for Replacement
Library Board policy as of February 13, 2002, October 11, 2006, revised February 11, 2015.
- The policy for lost or damaged materials, in print, is to pay the list price. The policy for lost materials that are out of print is to pay the average list price. All money collected is nonrefundable.
- Other replacement costs are as follows:
- The replacement cost for a lost or damaged barcode is $2.00.
- The replacement cost for lost or damaged media cases is also $2.00.
- The replacement cost for a lost museum pass is the cost of that individual pass.
- Replacement costs for circulating Kindles range from $70 – $170 depending on the version:
- Kindle E-Reader ($50, $10 for the case, & $10 for the charger)
- Kindle Fire ($50, $10 for the case, & $10 for the charger)
- Kindle Keyboard ($50, $10 for the case, & $10 for the charger)
- Kindle Fire HD7 ($120, $10 for the case, & $10 for the charger)
- Kindle Kids Edition ($150, $10 for the case, & $10 for the charger)
- Attempts will be made to replace one damaged or lost CD or DVD from a set, as well as any contents of children’s kits. If unsuccessful, the charge will be the list price of the set.
- Staff, when possible, use specialized techniques and supplies to repair library materials. In-house repairs are made, whenever possible, at no cost to the patron. The patron will be charged the replacement cost for a library item that is not repairable, and may, upon request, keep the item.
Learn more about Lost or Damaged Items.