Berlin-Peck Memorial Library policies. Please contact the library with any questions.
Loan Periods and Limits
Library Board policy as of February 13, 2002, revised October 2002 March 10, 2004, December 12, 2007, July 14, 2010, and September 8, 2010.
- Loan periods are:
- 3 weeks: Adult and children’s materials, Adult videos, Children’s videos, Children’s CD-ROMs
- 1 week: Children’s encyclopedias, Adult computer CD-ROMs, Holiday picturebooks (as noted below), Adult fast track books, Children and adult DVDs, E-books, Adult magazines, Games
- 3 days: Museum passes
- Patrons are limited to the following:
- Holiday picturebooks (2 per family)
- Adult fast-track book (1)
- Museum pass (1)
- Games (2)
- Holiday picturebooks will be limited for four-to-six weeks before the holiday. Holiday picturebooks may be limited to two books per family for a loan period of one week. The restriction is removed as soon as staff is able to after the holiday.
- When a great demand for a specific subject is determined, then staff may limit a patron to 2 items or limit the items to in-library use only.