Loan Periods and Limits
Library Board policy as of February 13, 2002. Revised October 2002; March 10, 2004; December 12, 2007; July 14, 2010; September 8, 2010.
- Loan periods are:
- 3 weeks: Adult and children’s materials, Adult videos, Children’s videos, Children’s CD-ROMs
- 1 week: Children’s encyclopedias, Adult computer CD-ROMs, Holiday picturebooks (as noted below), Adult fast track books, Children and adult DVDs, E-books, Adult magazines, Games
- 3 days: Museum passes
- Patrons are limited to the following:
- Holiday picturebooks (2 per family)
- Adult fast-track book (1)
- Museum pass (1)
- Games (2)
- Holiday picturebooks will be limited for four-to-six weeks before the holiday. Holiday picturebooks may be limited to two books per family for a loan period of one week. The restriction is removed as soon as staff is able to after the holiday.
- When a great demand for a specific subject is determined, then staff may limit a patron to 2 items or limit the items to in-library use only.