Photography, Filming and Videography
Library Board policy as of February 20, 2020.
- It is the policy of the Board of Directors (the “Board”) of the Berlin-Peck Memorial Library (the “Library”) to permit filming and photography under the conditions described herein only to the extent that it does not interfere with the operations, programs and activities of the Library, and is consistent with the Library’s Bylaws.
The Board hereby authorizes filming and photography in Library facilities as follows:
- Classes or events sponsored by the Berlin-Peck Library may be photographed or video-recorded by the Library’s staff or its representatives. Attendance at library-sponsored class or event constitutes the consent of all attendees, and the consent of the parents or legal guardians of any minor children in attendance, to the future broadcast, publication, or other use of photographs or videos at the sole discretion of the Berlin-Peck Memorial Library.
- Casual amateur photography, filming, and videotaping is permitted in the lobby, study and program areas of Library facilities for patrons and visitors wanting a remembrance of their visit, provided that the photography does not interfere in any way with Library operations or capture any identifiable likenesses of individuals without their permission. Any such photographers are responsible for arranging all necessary releases and permissions from persons who are filmed or photographed. Except as otherwise permitted in paragraph 3 by the Library itself, in no circumstances may anyone take a photo or film a Library patron without the consent of the patron, or their parent/guardian, if a minor.
- No commercial or media photography or filming may occur in Library facilities without the prior written permission and approval of the Library Director. Such approval shall contain the conditions under which the commercial/media photography or filming will take place and address the rights to ownership of the photos/films.
- The Library may utilize photos and videos from public programs and events at Library facilities and Library spaces on its website and in Library publications. Photos, images, and videos submitted to the Library by users for online galleries or contests may also be used by the Library for promotional purposes. To ensure the privacy of all individuals, including children, images will not be identified using full names or personal identifying information without written approval from the photographed subject, parent or legal guardian.
- Any consent granted pursuant to this Policy to permit photography or filming may be revoked at any time upon failure to comply with terms of the Policy or other rules and regulations of the Library.